Creamy, flavorful, and so nutritious, this roasted beet hummus is the perfect dip to share with your friends and loved ones this Valentine’s Day.
I may be sharing a roasted beet hummus recipe with you today, but I actually don’t like beets. Odd, I know! But they give such a gorgeous color to this hummus I just couldn’t resist. I added just enough beet to make it beautiful, but not too much that the hummus ends up tasty too earthy. Balance, friends!
I like beets in juice, and in dips like this hummus, but I think they’re too earthy for me to be eaten on their own! They’re packed with antioxidants, vitamins, and minerals, so I do like to sneak them into my diet one way or another.
Did you know beets are a total liver loving food?
They contain a compound called betaine that helps support liver detoxification. They activate phase 2 liver enzymes to help the body product bile which breaks down fat and supports the removal of toxins from the body. Additionally, root vegetables of all kinds (including beets, carrots, and sweet potatoes) are also amazing for the female reproductive system. They contain key nutrients such as folate that are needed for hormone production and also help nourish and support female reproductive organs and promote fertility (Not that I’m trying to get pregnant any time soon, LOL).
Lastly, I use this silicone baking mat to roast all my veggies. It prevents everything from sticking, and is much more environmentally friendly than using parchment paper, too! It also allows you to roast veggies without additional oil, but if you check out this post, you’ll learn that I no longer avoid oil like the plague the way I used to.
Anyway, my Valentine’s Day plans include making this hummus, perhaps a delicious pasta like this one, and curling up to one of my favorite romantic comedies. Sounds pretty darn nice to me!
This Roasted Beet Hummus is..
- Easy to make
- And the ultimate skin loving dip!
Need to complete your Valentine’s Day menu? You can give this vegan pesto pasta dish a try! I hope you love this hummus recipe as much as I do! if you make it, don’t forget to leave your thoughts in the comments below, I love hearing from you!Print
Creamy and delicious, this roasted beet hummus is my favorite skin loving dip!
- 1/2 – 1 small beet (depending on preference)
- 1 can chickpeas
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- Dash of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Wash and dry the beet and wrap in aluminum foil.
- Place in the oven and bake for about 1 hour or until easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- Once it is cool enough to handle, peel off the skin (it should come off easily) and chop into chunks.
- Add to your food processor and pulse until you have very small pieces.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and process until completely smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Transfer to a container and store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
To make this recipe oil free, sub the olive oil for water or veggie broth, though it will be less creamy this way.
Keywords: roasted beet hummus, creamy beet hummus, easy beet hummus, healthy beet hummus recipe