A kale salad is only as good as the dressing it comes with! This maple tahini salad dressing recipe is the best way to get more veggies into your system!
I know Spring starts next week and this recipe has all the Fall vibes, but I couldn’t wait until September to share this recipe with you! It’s simple, hearty, delicious, and comes with the creamiest maple tahini salad dressing recipe. Trust me, you’re going to want to smother ALL of your veggies in this simple sauce!
Back in the day, I wouldn’t be caught dead eating a salad. The only vegetable that made its way into my body was carrots, and even that was rare. Over years I’ve learned that the KEY to eating (and enjoying!) veggies is to have a killer sauce or dressing to go with them! This maple tahini salad dressing recipe is to die for. Tahini makes the best base for all kinds of dressings. It’s creamy, packed with healthy fats, and has a subtle but versatile flavor. It pairs well with so many foods! This lemon tahini salad dressing is another favorite of mine!
A few final thoughts…
- Make sure you use a tahini dressing that is nice and runny. This is one of my favorite brands. 365 by Whole Foods makes a great one too.
- You can make a big batch of the dressing and save it in the fridge for later. It will last for up to a week.
- This salad is completely customizable. Arugula, pumpkin seeds, lentils, are some of my favorite additions, but anything goes!
If you give this maple tahini salad dressing recipe a try, let me know in the comments how you like it!
Creamy, flavorful, and satisfying, this is a kale salad you will actually want to eat!
- 1 bunch kale
- 1/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2/3 cup vegetable broth
- 1 large honeycrisp apple
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pomegranate airls
- 1–2 tbsp hemp hearts
Maple Tahini Dressing:
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions. Use vegetable broth instead of water for more flavor.
- De-stem the kale and add to a colander. While warm water is running over it, massage the kale gently to break it down to make it easier to digest and chew.
- After about 1 minute, transfer to a cutting board and pat dry with a towel.
- Chop into small, bite size pieces and transfer to a large bowl.
- Chop the apple into small piece or thin strips (I used a mandolin to get them thin).
- To make the dressing, add all ingredients except the water to a bowl and whisk together. Add the water one tbsp at a time until you get your desired consistency. You may need to adjust the amount of water depending on how runny the tahini is. This is a my favorite brand.
- Add the apple, walnuts, and pomegranate to the bowl with the kale and toss with the dressing until every leaf is coated.
- Sprinkle with hemp hearts, an additional pinch of salt, and fresh black pepper if desired.
Keywords: maple tahini dressing, kale and quinoa salad, tahini dressing recipe, apple kale salad