These blueberry overnight oats are an easy and delicious breakfast for busy mornings! They take only 5 minutes to prepare and make the perfect grab and go breakfast. Top it off with fresh blueberries and chia jam and you’re in for a treat!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you buy any products through those links. I only link to products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for making Eat With Clarity possible!
I’m starting to feel like every other recipe on this blog has oats as a star ingredient. Am I getting boring?! There’s just so many things you can do with oats!!
But this blueberry overnight oat recipe have a special place in my heart. They’re incredibly easy to make and are perfect for school, work, or when you’re just feeling lazy in the morning.
They’re also vegan, gluten free, refined sugar free, and take 5-10 minutes to prepare. Don’t have blueberries? Any kind of berry works well here!
Key recipe ingredients
- Rolled oats: because you can’t have overnight oats without oats! You can try subbing for quick oats, but I do not recommend using steel cut oats.
- Non-dairy milk: to soak with the oats and help them soften. Any non-dairy milk will work, my personal favorite is almond milk.
- Maple syrup or honey: for natural sweetness. You can also sub for coconut sugar or even brown sugar.
- Homemade blueberry chia jam: for sweetness and more blueberry flavor.
- Fresh or frozen blueberries: for flavor and texture. If using frozen, the berries will bleed into the oats a bit and change the color, but it still tastes delicious!
How to make overnight oats
Are you ready to be amazed? This recipe could not be easier. All you need to do is add all ingredients aside from the chia jam into a bowl, jar, or container.
Stir together until everything is well incorporated or just shake it up if you put everything in a jar.
Cover and let sit overnight in the fridge or for at least 1 hour to thicken.
Once the oats have thickened, give them a stir to make sure no ingredients settled at the bottom. If they are too thick for your liking, feel free to add in some extra milk to thin it out.
Either stir in the chia jam or layer it in a large and top with additional blueberries and enjoy!
Do you eat overnight oats cold?
Generally, yes! Which is what makes them so great for a busy morning because you do not need to cook or reheat overnight oats.
The soaking process softens the oats to make them easier to eat and digest, so there is no cooking involved in this recipe.
You can, if you want, reheat the oats in the morning for a more cozy breakfast. This will also melt the berries and give an ultra blueberry-y taste.
Recipe tips, tricks, and FAQ’s
- Once prepared, these blueberry overnight oats last in the fridge for 5 days. Keep them in an air tight container like a mason jar, weck jar, or standard tupperware container for best results.
- Rolled oats (also known as old fashioned oats) are best for overnight oats. I do not recommend using steel cut oats, but quick cooking oats will work for this recipe.
- To make the oats extra creamy, you can add in a scoop of your favorite non-dairy yogurt. I love coconut yogurt for this recipe.
- For extra protein, add a scoop of your favorite protein powder or collagen peptides, which have little to no flavor. If you add any powder, you will probably need an additional 2 tablespoons of milk.
- You can use fresh or frozen blueberries in this recipe. If using frozen, the blueberries defrost into the oats while they are soaking in the fridge and make the oats a very vibrant color and help flavor the oats some more.
Try these recipes next:
- Easy Baked PB & J Oatmeal
- Baked Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal
- The Best Caramelized Banana Oatmeal
- GF Blueberry Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Oats
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment and rating below and let us know how it turns out! As always, be sure to tag me on instagram so I can see your creation!
Blueberry Overnight Oats
- Add all of the ingredients aside from the chia jam to a large bowl, mason jar, or tupperware container.
- Mix together well.
- Cover and let sit overnight to thicken or for at least 2 hours.
- Remove from the fridge and stir.
- Once thickened, stir in or layer the oats with blueberry chia jam and additional fresh berries if desired.