Looking for the perfect breakfast to meal prep? These lemon poppy seed overnight oats are made with yogurt for a super creamy and flavorful breakfast on the go! They’re naturally gluten free and vegan too.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you buy any products through those links. I only link to products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for making Eat With Clarity possible!
Now that Spring has *almost* sprung, I’m diving head first into all the lemon poppy seed recipes. Aside from my pancakes, most of the lemon poppy seed recipes coming your way will be dessert focuses (like these cloud like cookies), so I figured I’d start off with a simple on the go breakfast recipe.
Overnight oats are one of my favorite breakfasts as the weather warms up and I’m not in the mood for a smoothie (which is rare).
This particular recipe is perfectly sweet and tangy and made with yogurt to give it an incredibly luxurious and creamy consistency. It takes .2 seconds to prepare, (more like 30) and you can make a double batch to have breakfast ready to go all week long!
- Rolled Oats: Also known as old fashioned oats, rolled oats will make up the base of this recipe.
- Non-Dairy Yogurt: Yogurt helps add creaminess to the oats. You can use any kind of yogurt you like, my personal favorite is the Kite Hill Greek Style yogurt which is almond based or Culina which is coconut based.
- Poppy Seeds: You can find poppy seeds in the spice section of most grocery stores, or just order them online here!
- Lemon: The juice from 1 lemon will make this recipe tangy and fresh.
- Maple Syrup: Maple syrup or honey will sweeten the oats.
- Non-Dairy Milk: This is the liquid base which helps soften the oats without needing to cook them!
These overnight oats with yogurt are probably the easiest recipe on the entire blog. All it involves is throwing all ingredients together in a bowl and mixing well.
Then, just cover them up and let sit in the fridge overnight or for at least 2 hours to thicken.
During this time, the oats will absorb the liquid from the milk and get nice and soft. Give the oats a good stir before serving and top it all off with fresh blueberries, extra yogurt and some fresh lemon zest.
Tips & tricks
- If you’re using yogurt that is sweetened, you may want to cut back on the maple syrup to just 1 tbsp. I used unsweetened yogurt so 2 tbsp was perfect. If you prefer oats that aren’t very sweet, feel free to cut back even more.
- If you prefer your oats on the thicker side like I do, start with 3/4 cup of milk and add more as needed after they have thickened. The yogurt and maple syrup adds moisture too, so avoid adding too much milk because you don’t want the oats to be too liquidy.
- I always eat these oats cold right from the fridge, but if you have some extra time in the morning you can heat them up on the stove for a more cozy breakfast.
Looking for more breakfast recipes? Try these!
Lastly, if you want more recipes straight to your inbox, be sure to subscribe to my email list. As always, tag me on instagram if you make this recipe so I can see your creation! Be sure to comment and leave a review if you like this recipe!
Lemon Poppy Seed Overnight Oats
- Add all ingredients to a large mixing bowl or tupperware container and mix together well.
- Cover and let sit in the fridge overnight or for at least 2 hours to thicken.
- Stir and serve with fresh blueberries and extra yogurt if desired.