Tangy, sweet, fluffy, filling, and delicious, this freezer friendly lemon blueberry pancake recipe is an easy and delicious way to start your morning!
Pancakes are without a doubt my favorite weekend breakfast food. Especially when you can prep them in advance and sleep in even longer! *cue these freezer friendly lemon blueberry pancakes!* The mere thought of these vegan blueberry pancakes is enough to drag me out of bed. They’re light and fluffy but so flavorful and satisfying. Plus, this easy pancake recipe requires no eggs, so they’re totally vegan friendly!
How do you make blueberry pancakes?
For this recipe you can use either whole oats or oat flour. If you use whole oats, simple grind them into a flour using a high speed blender or food processor. Then, you’ll just need to add all of the ingredients (aside from the blueberries) into a large mixing bowl and whisk until you get a batter. W’re using a generous amount of baking powder (2 tsp) which is key to making the pancakes fluffy. Then gently fold in the blueberries and get cooking! You’ll want to scoop the batter into even circles on a griddle or saute pan over low/medium heat. Cook the pancakes on each side for about 2 minutes, or until bubbles start to form around the edges. The batter will thicken as it sits, so you may need to add more milk as you go.
Top them off with more blueberries, coconut yogurt, maple syrup, and you’re in for a nutritious treat. I haven’t tested this recipe as waffles, but if you try it out, let me know in the comments how it turns out! If you are looking for a waffle recipe, try these almond flour waffles.
These lemon blueberry pancakes are:
- Vegan & gluten free
- Incredibly fluffy
- Filling, but won’t make you feel too stuffed
- Freezer friendly (perfect for meal prep!)
Lastly, if you try this recipe, be sure to tag me on instagram so I can see your creation!Print
These lemon blueberry pancakes are easy, vegan, gluten free, and freezer friendly!
- 1.5 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1/2–3/4 cup coconut milk (start with 1/2 and add more as needed)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Zest from 1–2 lemons
- Juice from 1/2 large or 1 small lemon
- 1–2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2/3 cup blueberries
- In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, lemon zest and salt.
- Whisk all ingredients together.
- Add in the applesauce, vanilla, coconut milk, maple syrup, lemon juice and whisk together until a batter forms.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a skillet on medium/low heat with a touch of coconut oil if necessary.
- Using 1/3 measuring cup, scoop out the batter and gently spread into an even circle.
- Cook on each side for about 2 minutes or until bubbles form around the edges.
- Repeat until all batter has been used.
The batter will thicken as it sits, so feel free to add more coconut milk as you make them.
These pancakes can be frozen in tupperware and reheated in the toaster or oven.
Keywords: vegan pancake recipe, gluten free pancakes, lemon blueberry pancakes, vegan blueberry pancakes