This healthy baked oatmeal recipe is like a time machine back to childhood. Made with simple, wholesome ingredients, this is the perfect oatmeal recipe to fuel your day.
PB & J anything will always remind me of being a kid. I was always very picky in regard to the amount of peanut butter and jelly my sandwiches had, but those two flavors together has always been one of my favorites.
How to make raspberry chia jam
If you’ve never made chia jam before, don’t worry because it’s super easy! You can use any berry, but my personal favorite is raspberry because they soften well and the raspberry seeds blend in nicely with the chia seeds.
- Add 2 pints or 1 12 ounce bag of frozen berries to a pan and heat over low/medium heat.
- The berries should start to soften after a few minutes. Once they do so, use a fork to mash them gently.
- Once mashed, add in 2 tbsp of chia seeds and 1 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Stir, and continue to cook on low heat.
- After 2-3 minutes (it may take longer if you use frozen berries), turn off the heat and let the mixture thicken for about 5 minutes.
- Cool and store in an air tight container for up to 1 week.
How do chia seeds thicken?
The chia seeds in the jam help to absorb excess liquid and therefore help the jam to become thick. I love using chia jam on oatmeal, toast, as a dip for apples, or even on top of some banana bread! This raspberry jam is the best topping for this healthy baked oatmeal recipe, but anything goes!
How long does baked oatmeal last in the fridge?
This baked PB & J oatmeal recipe should last in the fridge for about 3-5 days. I would suggest baking it per the instructions, covering it with foil after it cools, and keeping it in the fridge with no additional toppings. Then, when you’re ready to eat, you can pop it in the microwave or back in the oven to warm it up and top it with the peanut butter and chia jam.
Try these other delicious breakfast recipes next!
- Shockingly Healthy Baked Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal
- 5 Minute PB & J Overnight Oats
- Fluffy Oatmeal Pancakes with Caramelized Bananas
If you make this healthy baked oatmeal recipe, don’t forget to tag me on instagram. Leave a comment below and let me know how it turns out!Print
This baked PB & J oatmeal is an easy and delicious gluten free breakfast.
- 1.5 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1.5 cups plant milk
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 2.5 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or 1/2 mashed banana for sweetness
- Peanut Butter and Chia Jam for topping (see notes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flax seeds and water in a bowl and set aside to thicken (about 10 minutes).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Once flax egg is thickened, add to the large bowl and stir.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Top with peanut butter and raspberry chia jam.
To make the chia jam, add 2 pints of fresh raspberries or 1 12 ounce bag of frozen raspberries to a pan and cook on low heat. As they start to melt, gently mash with a fork. Add in 2-3 tbsp of chia seeds and a splash of maple syrup if desired. Remove from heat and let sit to thicken.
For an extra peanuty flavor, stir in 1-2 tbsp of powdered peanuts or fresh peanut butter.
Keywords: baked oatmeal recipe, peanut butter jelly oatmeal, pb and J oatmeal, healthy baked oatmeal recipe