These vodka watermelon cocktails are the perfect summer drink. Made with just a few simple ingredients and ready in 5 minutes!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you buy any products through those links. I only link to products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for making Eat With Clarity possible!
Some people like to infuse their watermelon with vodka, but I like to make these simple watermelon cocktails instead!
They’re so easy to make, refreshing and perfect for any summer occasion. They’re made with fresh watermelon, vodka, lime juice and some optional club soda if you want them fizzy.
Watermelon: I like (and recommend) using fresh watermelon that we’ll make into watermelon juice, but you are more than welcome to use store bought watermelon juice instead. The flavor of the homemade version is much richer and sweeter and super easy to make!
Vodka: Any vodka works, I used Tito’s, but you could even use tequila and make these into watermelon margaritas!
Lime Juice: Lemon juice also works! The tang helps balance out the sweetness from the watermelon.
Optional Sweetener: The watermelon adds plenty of sweetness on its own, but if you want more, I suggest using honey, agave or making a simple syrup with granulated sugar and water.
How to make these
Add the cubed watermelon to a blender and blend until smooth.
Strain through a fine mesh strainer 2-3 times or until completely pulp free and smooth. Alternatively, run through a nut milk bag.
Add the watermelon juice (you should be left with 1 cup) to a cocktail shaker with the vodka, lime juice and sweetener if using. Shake with ice.
Pour over ice and enjoy! Make it fizzy by topping with a splash of club soda.
- This cocktail will keep in the fridge for about 2 days, but is best served fresh. If you’re going to make it ahead of time, just hold off on the ice and give it a good shake before serving since the ingredients will separate.
- While this drink calls for vodka, it’s very versatile and virtually any liquor will work, white rum, tequila etc.
- Be sure to use fresh squeeze lime juice! The bottled stuff will work in a pinch, but fresh is best.
- If you happen to have fresh mint lying around, it makes the perfect addition to this drink!
Enjoy these summer treats next!
Lastly, if you want more recipes straight to your inbox, be sure to subscribe to my email list. As always, leave and comment and rating below if you enjoy this recipe!
Watermelon Vodka Cocktail
- 2 cups fresh watermelon (OR 1 cup watermelon juice)
- 3 ounces vodka (about 1/3-1/2 cup)
- 1 tbsp lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 1 tbsp honey or agave
- Add the cubed watermelon to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer 2-3 times or until completely pulp free and smooth. Alternatively, run through a nut milk bag.
- Add the watermelon juice (you should be left with 1 cup) to a cocktail shaker with the vodka, lime juice and sweetener if using. Shake with ice.
- Pour over ice and enjoy! Make it fizzy by topping with a splash of club soda.