Easy, delicious and decadent, this vegan avocado chocolate mousse is a skin loving dessert with only 6 plant based ingredients!
I’ve always had such a sweet tooth. I was *very* obsessed with candy as a child. However, that just led to cavities, stomach aches, and way too much energy for my mom to handle. These days, I prefer desserts that are naturally sweet and don’t give me sugar hangover! Insert: this easy vegan avocado chocolate mousse! I’m drooling just thinking about it. Also, if you’re *really* feeling the chocolate, you can pair this mousse with my easy chocolate chip cookies.
It’s packed with skin loving nutrients like vitamin E, antioxidants, and healthy fats. First, all you need is a couple of ripe avocados, pure cacao powder, some simple sweeteners, plant milk, a dash of vanilla plus a pinch of salt. Second, put all ingredients in a high speed blender, and voila! Easy chocolate mousse. It will also be ready in less than 5 minutes to satisfy all of your chocolate cravings! However, I do suggest putting in the fridge for about an hour before you serve it.
Can such a healthful recipe really be that good?!
YES! If you closed your eyes and tasted this recipe, I promise you would have NO idea how good for you it is! In fact, you should try that on someone and let me know how it goes 🙂 Anyway, it’s delicious with coconut whipped cream, raspberries, and extra chocolate shavings. However, you really can’t go wrong no matter how you eat this easy avocado chocolate mousse!
This easy vegan avocado chocolate mousse is:
- Vegan and gluten free
- Ready in five minutes
- Packed with healthy fats and skin loving nutrients
- Incredibly nutritious
Easy, decadent, and perfectly healthful, this avocado chocolate mousse is about to be your new favorite dessert!
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 8 pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 cup plant milk of choice (almond, coconut etc.)
- 6 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp cacao powder
- Cut the avocados in half. Remove the pit and scoop out the flesh into a high speed blender or food processor.
- Add in all remaining ingredients (make sure you pit the dates!)
- Process until completely smooth and no chunks remain.
- Taste and add more maple syrup or cacao powder if desired.
- Transfer to a bowl, and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream, fresh berries, or enjoy as is!
Keywords: chocolate, mousse, dessert, easy dessert, healthy dessert, avocado