This blueberry avocado smoothie is packed with healthy fats, antioxidants, and vitamins to support a clear, glowing complexion! It’s easy to make and requires only a few plant based ingredients.
They’re such an easy way to pack in nutrients, and if you do them right, they taste just like heaven.
Avocado smoothie benefits
I didn’t start adding avocado to my smoothies until recently, but once I realized how creamy, delicious and nutritious they are, I’ve been hooked! I used to think banana was enough to make a smoothie creamy, but avocado is a must.
Avocados are a great source of Vitamin E (source), which does wonderful things to your hair and skin! They also have a very mild taste which makes them perfect for smoothies. They yield a creamy consistency with lots of healthy fats, but you won’t even notice it’s in there. The healthy fats in the avocado also help to slow the release of glucose to prevent a rapid spike of blood sugar.
Can you freeze avocado for smoothies?
YES! However, you just want to make sure the avocados are nice and ripe before freezing them. You can remove the pit and peel, slice them up into chunks and store them in a tupperware container or reusable zip lock bag. Then just add a few to the blender and you’ll end up with the world’s creamiest smoothie.
To make this smoothie, you will want to peel the banana, peel and remove the pit of the avocado, then add all remaining ingredients to the blender. Process until completely smooth and enjoy! To make it sweeter, you can add 1 date or even a splash of maple syrup.
A few notes on this blueberry avocado smoothie recipe
- This smoothie can be as thick or as thin as you want. Decrease the liquid to make it thick like a smoothie bowl, or thin it out with more almond milk.
- To up the protein content of this smoothie, feel free to add a scoop of your favorite protein powder.
- This recipe calls for almond milk, but you can use any kind of non-dairy milk or even water or coconut water.
- You can definitely use frozen avocado for this recipe. You may need to add extra almond milk to help it blend. Before freezing the avocado, make sure it is nice and ripe. You’ll want to remove the skin and the pit and just freeze the flesh to make it easier to use in smoothies.
- I don’t recommend making this avocado smoothie the night before. However, you can prep all the ingredients and add them to a zip lock bag the night before, then throw them all into a blender with milk or water in the morning and you’re good to go!
- If you don’t like banana, you can sub it for mango to add sweetness.
Try these other skin loving drink recipes next!Print
This blueberry avocado smoothie is creamy, filling, and helps support clear skin.
- Add all ingredients into a high speed blender.
- Process until completely smooth. Add more milk or water to thin if desired.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
How much milk you need to use will depend on whether your fruit was fresh or frozen, and on how thick you like your smoothies!
If you use all fresh fruit, I recommend adding a handful of ice to make the smoothie cold.
You can sub the banana for mango if preferred.
For extra sweetness, add 1-2 pitted dates.
Keywords: blueberry avocado smoothie, avocado smoothie recipe, healthy smoothie