A can of chickpeas might seem like a pretty boring thing, but the recipes you can create with a can or two is pretty incredible! Chickpeas, and canned beans in general, are one of those pantry staples you almost always seem to have on hand.
On their own, chickpeas are pretty boring, but in this post you’ll find a million and one ways to make chickpeas taste better! Most of these recipes use canned chickpeas, but you can always cook your own from scratch if you prefer.
These vegan chickpea recipes vary quite a bit, but the star ingredients is still as simple as it comes. Many are freezer friendly so they’re perfect for meal prep, simple, but delicious enough to feed a crowd!
From 15 minute recipes, simple sandwiches, to desserts (yes, dessert from chickpeas!) there is a recipe here for everyone.
1) Sticky Sesame Chickpeas – by Eat With Clarity
There’s a good reason these sticky sesame chickpeas are still one of my most popular recipes! They’re easy to make, full of flavor and approved by both kids and adults!
2) Roasted Beet Hummus – by Eat With Clarity
Vibrant, flavorful and a total crowd pleaser, this roasted beet hummus is a fun way to spruce up a can of chickpeas!
3) Oven Baked Falafel – by Eat With Clarity
There are a lot of falafel recipes in the world, but I promise this one will stand out above the rest. You don’t even need to cook your chickpeas for this one, so it’s as easy as they come!
4) Vegan Chana Masala – by Eat With Clarity
For a simple chickpea recipe that’s bound to impress your friends, try this vegan chana masala! It’s made in one pot, incredibly easy to make, but packs a whole lot of flavor into every bite.
5) Spiced Chickpeas with Mushroom and Garlic – by Running On Real Food
These spiced chickpeas with mushroom and garlic work well as a healthy salad topper but they’re also outstanding as a delicious side dish. Chickpea recipes like this one are easy to make, keep well, are naturally gluten-free and a good source of fiber and protein in a plant-based diet.
6) Buffalo Chickpea Salad – by Eat With Clarity
Spicy, full of protein and ready in just about 10 minutes, this buffalo chickpea salad is one of my favorite vegan chickpea recipes to date!
7) Sweet Potato Chickpea Buddha Bowl – by Eat With Clarity
If you ask me, a buddha bowl isn’t complete without some roasted chickpeas. This chickpea buddha bowl features roasted onion, sweet potatoes, chickpeas (of course) and a creamy tahini dressing.
8) Creamy Chickpea Curry – by Eat With Clarity
My all time favorite way to use up a can of chickpeas? This Thai Red Chickpea Curry! Creamy, made in one pot and even freezer friendly!
9) Chickpea Cookie Dough – by From My Bowl
Who says you can’t make sweet recipes from chickpeas? This chickpea cookie dough is a high protein dessert you don’t have to feel guilty about!
10) Chickpea Noodle Soup – by Eat With Clarity
This chickpea noodle soup doesn’t need to be reserved just for sick days! It’s a simple and satisfying soup no matter the day.
11) General Tso’s Chickpeas – by Eat With Clarity
This is for all the take-out lovers. This General Tso’s Chickpea Stir Fry tastes like it came straight from your favorite Chinese restaurant. Simple and perfect for meal prep!
12) Smashed Avocado and Chickpea Salad – by Eat With Clarity
This one is for the times when you’re SO hungry, but just don’t have any energy to cook. This avocado chickpea salad takes all of 10 minutes to prepare and makes the perfect lunch.
13) Pumpkin Chickpea Fritters – by Sweet Simple Vegan
These easy vegan pumpkin chickpea fritters are gluten-free, super simple to make and just 15 minutes of your time. Did we mention that they’re also super delicious? What more could you ask for?!
14) Mediterranean Chickpea Salad – by Eat With Clarity
This Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is my favorite simple lunch recipe. It’s filled with juicy tomatoes, crunchy cucumber, lots of fresh herbs and a simple olive oil vinaigrette.
15) The Ultimate Vegan Buddha Bowl – by Eat With Clarity
Fluffy quinoa, creamy avocado, homemade roasted red peppers, dairy free pesto and crispy spicy chickpeas, this vegan buddha bowl pretty much has it all.
16) Chickpea Crust Pizza – by Love and Lemons
This chickpea flour pizza has the best gluten-free crust around! Top it with your go-to pizza toppings, or use this beautiful hummus & asparagus combo.
17) Chickpea Shakshuka – by Minimalist Baker
Savory, flavorful shakshuka with chickpeas made in 1 pot in 30 minutes! A hearty yet healthy dish suitable for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
18) Chickpea Tuna Salad – by Eat With Clarity
Have 10 minutes, a can of chickpeas and a few other pantry staple ingredients? Make this chickpea tuna salad for lunch!
19) Rainbow Salad with Roasted Chickpeas – by Pinch of Yum
Rainbow Power Salad with Roasted Chickpeas – SO FRESH and SO GOOD! Zucchini, carrots, fresh basil, crispy spiced chickpeas. Vegan.
20) Kale Caesar Salad with Crispy Chickpeas – by Eat With Clarity
Keeping the salad trend going with this incredibly easy and delicious kale caesar salad with roasted garlic chickpeas. It’s just begging to be served at your next dinner party!
21) Chickpea Blondies – by Nora Cooks
Chickpea blondies with loads of chocolate chips are made with beans but you’d never know it! They’re vegan, gluten-free, flour-free and only 9 ingredients.
22) Chickpea Meatballs – by The Curious Chickpea
These vegan chickpea meatballs in roasted red pepper sauce make a fantastic meal. The savory vegan meatballs are cooked in a creamy red pepper sauce for a recipe that is easy to make, and even more delicious to eat! The recipe is easily made gluten free.
23) The Best Hummus Recipe – by Gimme Some Oven
This homemade hummus recipe is quick and easy to make, super-smooth and creamy, and tastes so fresh and flavorful!
24) Orange Chickpeas – by Eat With Clarity
Perfectly sweet, tangy yet deliciously savory, these orange chickpeas are a quick and delicious plant based dinner.
25) Quinoa Chickpea Salad – by Eating Bird Food
This quinoa chickpea salad is loaded with veggies and makes a light and delicious lunch option that can be made ahead of time for easy lunches throughout the week.
26) Moroccan Chickpea Soup – by Gimme Some Oven
This Moroccan Chickpea Soup recipe is naturally vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free, it’s super easy to make, and it’s full of so many rich and delicious flavors.
27) Vegan Chickpea Burger – by Eat With Clarity
This might just be the most flavorful and easy to make burgers on the planet. Plus, they’re totally gluten free!