This Thai Vegan Quinoa Salad is chock full of antioxidants, plant protein and fiber, and is the perfect recipe for meal prep!
Do you ever feel really lazy when it comes to cooking. Believe it or not, I do all the time. I know cooking is kind of sort of my job, but sometimes I just don’t feel like doing it. But I love eating and I don’t want my taste buds to suffer just because I’m feeling lazy. This vegan quinoa salad is perfect for those lazy occasions when I want something quick, but simple!
I’m not one to do lots of meal prep. But I do like to make big batches of certain recipes from time to time when I know I’m going to be extra busy. This is the perfect recipe for those times. It’s super flavorful, easy to throw together, and stores well in the fridge. Sounds like a win-win-win to me!
This Vegan Quinoa Salad is:
- Protein and fiber packed
- SO flavorful
- Perfect for meal prep
- A total crowd pleaser!
This vegan Thai quinoa salad is easy, delicious, and perfect for meal prep.
- 3/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup finely chopped red cabbage
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1–2 green onions, chopped
- optional: 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup almond butter (can sub peanut butter)
- 1–2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1–2 tbsp warm water
- Juice from 1/2 lime
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- While the quinoa is cooking, prepare all veggies.
- Add all salad base ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- When quinoa is done, let cool and add to the bowl of veggies.
- To prepare the dressing, simply whisk all ingredients together in a bowl. Add more water as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Add the dressing to the salad bowl and toss to combine.
- Top with salt and pepper if desired and enjoy!
Keywords: thai quinoa salad, vegan quinoa salad, easy quinoa salad, healthy quinoa salad