This quinoa tabbouleh salad is light, fresh, and makes the perfect side dish for any family get together! It is also both vegan and gluten free.
Spring has sprung and I’m craving all the fresh salads! I’ve been a fan of salads for a few years now, but hate ones that leave my stomach growling within 30 minutes of eating it. Anyone else?? That’s where this quinoa tabbouleh salad comes in handy. It’s light and fresh, but packed with protein and healthy fats to keep you satiated. Traditional tabbouleh has bulgur, but I wanted to keep it gluten free, so we’re using quinoa. There are also no chickpeas in traditional tabbouleh, but hey, we need this salad to be filling!
What is tabbouleh salad made of?
Tabbouleh only requires a few simple ingredients. For this gluten free version of traditional tabbouleh, we’ll be using:
- Red Pepper
- Olive Oil
- And some seasonings for the dressing!
To make this salad, you’ll start by prepping your quinoa. You’ll use 1 cup of dry quinoa and 2 cups of water. Give it a stir, cover the pot, keep the heat on low, and then forget about it for 15 minutes. Easy! While that’s cooking, prep all the other ingredients.
Health benefits of parsley
Parsley is practically a superfood! Just two tablespoons of parsley supplies over 100% of your daily value of vitamin K, and almost 20% of your daily value of vitamin C (source). It’s also an amazing herb to support liver detoxification, which makes it one of my favorites for supporting clear skin! Parsley also improves kidney health and helps to filter your blood (source). This gluten free quinoa tabbouleh salad is the perfect way to get some of this mighty herb into your diet!
Looking for more tasty salads? Try these
- Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy Seed Dressing
- Chickpea ‘Tuna’ Salad
- Kale Salad with Maple Tahini Dressing
This Gluten Free Quinoa Tabbouleh Salad is
- Packed with detox supporting herbs like parsley
- Ready in less than 30 minutes
- Perfect for parties (makes a big batch)
- Incredibly flavorful
- Perfect for meal prep
This quinoa tabbouleh salad is light, fresh, and makes the perfect side dish for any party!
- 2 bunches of parsley, stems removed (4 cups chopped)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (white or red)
- 1/2 large cucumber, diced
- Optional: 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3–4 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- Remove the stems of the parsley and chop into very small pieces.
- Add to a large mixing bowl with the drained and rinsed chickpeas, bell pepper, cucumber, onion, and mint if using.
- Let the quinoa cool, and prepare the dressing in the meantime.
- Mix the olive oil, garlic, maple syrup, salt, lemon juice, dijon mustard, and black pepper together in a small bowl.
- Add the cooled quinoa and dressing to the salad and mix until well incorporated.
- Top with additional salt and pepper if desired.
Keywords: quinoa Tabbouleh salad, Tabbouleh salad, gluten free Tabbouleh, salad for a party