This creamy and delicious avocado mango smoothie is the only green smoothie recipe you need! Naturally sweet, gluten free, vegan, and even kid approved. It’s the perfect light and refreshing drink that is packed with skin loving nutrients.
Can I just say, I am a BIG fan of smoothies. Green smoothies like this one, blueberry smoothies, sweet potato smoothies, golden milk smoothies, maca smoothies, I love them all. They were one of the first things I started adding into my diet when I got into the health and wellness scene and I’m still going strong with them today!
They’re a simple and easy way to pack in a whole bunch of goodness into one cup. I love having them in the morning to get a lot of nutrients in my body first thing, but smoothies any time of day are always good.
The best avocado smoothie
I’ve been making green smoothies for years now, and I’ve come up with a system for how to make them perfectly every time. There are a few key ingredients/tricks to making the perfect smoothie every time. You’ll need:
- Something sweet: Fruit is the best natural sweetener for smoothies and adds tons of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants (source).
- Something creamy: I don’t know about you, but I’m not a fan of icy smoothies, which is why I love avocado smoothies so much. They add so much creamy goodness.
- Greens: To really up the nutrition content of smoothies, greens are a must! I love spinach because it has a mild flavor and you can add a lot in without really noticing it, but kale works well too.
- A little tang: This is optional, but a little lemon or lime juice really takes smoothies to the next level.
- Healthy fats & protein: In order for a smoothie to be filling and not leave you hungry after 10 minutes, you need sources of fat and protein. I love avocado, hemp hearts, and protein powder or collagen peptides for this.
How do you keep an avocado from turning brown in a smoothie?
This is where the lemon or lime comes in! The acidity of the citrus as well as the vitamin C content will prevent the smoothie from turning brown. It also has a nice (but subtle) tangy flavor that I love!
How long does an avocado smoothie last?
I generally recommend consuming smoothies right away for the best taste and texture. However, you can prep this smoothie ahead of time and it will keep in the fridge for about 24 hours. I would then suggest pouring it back into the blender and giving it a quick blend because the ingredients may separate as it sits.
If you want to make your smoothie prep a whole lot easier, I have a few tips for you. You can add all of your ingredients into a reusable zip lock bag at night, and then add everything to a blender with your liquid in the morning and you’re good to go!
Also, you don’t need a fancy blender for this avocado mango smoothie. However, I bought a vitamix blender years ago and it was truly one of the best purchases I made! I use it daily for soups, smoothies, juices and more. Next to my juicer, it’s one of my favorite kitchen appliances! It’s a bit pricy, but lasts a lifetime.
Looking for some other skin loving drinks and snacks? Try these!
- Easy Golden Milk Latte
- Lemon Coconut Energy Bites
- Creamy Golden Milk Smoothie
- The creamiest blueberry avocado smoothie
This avocado mango smoothie is creamy, delicious, and tastes like tropical heaven!
- Add all ingredients into a high speed blender.
- Process until completely smooth, adding more milk or water as needed.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Start with just 1 cup of almond milk (or any liquid) and add more as needed. You may need more depending on the strength of your blender.
You can use fresh mango instead of frozen, but you may need to use slightly less liquid.
The lime can be replaced with lemon or left out entirely.
This smoothie will keep in the fridge for 24 hours. I suggest blending it again for the best texture.
- Serving Size: 2 servings
- Calories: 246
- Fat: 12.2g
- Carbohydrates: 33g
- Fiber: 6.3g
- Protein: 6.9g
Keywords: avocado mango smoothie, mango smoothie, avocado smoothie, green smoothie recipe