This creamy and delicious avocado mango smoothie is the only green smoothie recipe you need! Naturally sweet, gluten free, vegan, and even kid approved. It’s the perfect light and refreshing drink.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you buy any products through those links. I only link to products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for making Eat With Clarity possible!
They were one of the first things I started adding into my diet when I got into the health and wellness scene and I’m still going strong with them today!
They’re a simple and easy way to pack in a whole bunch of goodness into one cup. I love having them in the morning to get a lot of nutrients in my body first thing, but smoothies any time of day are always good.
I’ve been making green smoothies for years now, and I’ve come up with a system for how to make them perfectly every time. There are a few key ingredients/tricks to making the perfect smoothie every time. You’ll need:
- Something sweet: Fruit is the best natural sweetener for smoothies and adds tons of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants (source).
- Something creamy: I don’t know about you, but I’m not a fan of icy smoothies, which is why I love avocado smoothies so much. They add so much creamy goodness.
- Greens: To really up the nutrition content of smoothies, greens are a must! I love spinach because it has a mild flavor and you can add a lot in without really noticing it, but kale works well too.
- A little tang: This is optional, but a little lemon or lime juice really takes smoothies to the next level.
- Fat & protein: In order for a smoothie to be filling and not leave you hungry after 10 minutes, you need some sort of fat and/or protein. I love avocado, hemp hearts, and protein powder or collagen peptides for this.
How do you keep an avocado from turning brown?
This is where the lemon or lime comes in! The acidity of the citrus as well as the vitamin C content will prevent the smoothie from turning brown. It also has a nice (but subtle) tangy flavor that I love!
Does it keep well?
I generally recommend consuming smoothies right away for the best taste and texture. However, you can prep this smoothie ahead of time and it will keep in the fridge for about 24 hours.
I would then suggest pouring it back into the blender and giving it a quick blend because the ingredients may separate as it sits.
If you want to make your smoothie prep a whole lot easier, I have a few tips for you. You can add all of your ingredients into a reusable zip lock bag at night, and then add everything to a blender with your liquid in the morning and you’re good to go!
Also, you don’t need a fancy blender for this avocado mango smoothie. However, I bought a vitamix blender years ago and it was truly one of the best purchases I made! I use it daily for soups, smoothies, juices and more. Next to my juicer, it’s one of my favorite kitchen appliances! It’s a bit pricy, but lasts a lifetime.
Looking for some more snacks? Try these!
- Easy Golden Milk Latte
- Lemon Coconut Energy Bites
- Creamy Golden Milk Smoothie
- The creamiest blueberry avocado smoothie
Avocado Mango Smoothie
- Add all ingredients into a high speed blender.
- Process until completely smooth, adding more milk or water as needed.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!