This vegan green goddess dressing is creamy, easy to make and the perfect dip or dressing for kale salads. It’s made with a base of avocado and only takes five minutes to come together.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you buy any products through those links. I only link to products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for making Eat With Clarity possible!
I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again. The key to eating veggies is having a fabulous, delicious, glorious dressing to go with it. The creamier the better, but that usually means adding dairy or mayo or something along those lines.
I, being a dairy free food blogger, wasn’t going to include dairy in this vegan green goddess dressing, so I opted for some avocados and olive oil to give it a rich and creamy feel and incredible flavor.
It’s so easy to make (takes all of 2 minutes!) and stores well in the fridge for days without during brown. You can keep it thick and use it as a dip, or thin it out as a dressing. I like it somewhere in the middle with fresh chopped kale, pasta (obviously) and a sprinkle of sesame seeds as a pasta salad.
What does green goddess dressing taste like?
Literal heaven. Ok, maybe not literal heaven, but it’s pretty close. It’s rich and creamy thanks to the avocado, but won’t make you feel weighed down because it’s dairy free.
It has an herby, garlicky, oniony flavor with the perfect amount of acidity from lemon and vinegar. You can easily customize this recipe to your liking, adding more lemon, herbs, salt or garlic as needed.
I know some people hate cilantro, so you can either use basil or parsley in place of it. I personally like to use a mix of all three herbs, but you can pick and choose based on personal preference.
How to make this recipe
Add all remaining ingredients and process until smooth.
Taste, and adjust herbs and seasonings as desired. I personally like more herbs and a bit of extra olive oil, but up to you!
Serve as a dressing with a kale salad, or keep it thick and use as a dip with your favorite veggies and crackers.
Tips & tricks
- This recipe calls for scallions, which is the same as green onions. You will need two stalks for this recipe, not two bunches!
- Once prepared, this green goddess will keep in the fridge for 1 week. The natural acidity from the lemon and apple cider vinegar will preserve the color of the dressing, so you don’t need to worry about it going brown!
- Try to use avocados that are on the riper side to make it easier to process. You’ll know an avocado is ripe when the skin is a dark color and is soft when you gently press on it.
- This vegan green goddess dressing recipe calls for 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water (you can sub veggie broth for more flavor). Start with 1/4 cup at first to keep the dressing thick (more like a dip) and then add more as needed to thin it out with a dressing. It easier to adjust and make it thinner if it’s too thick than vice versa, so start with a small amount of water for best results.
Try these recipes next!
The Best Vegan Green Goddess Dressing
- 2 small avocados
- 2 green onions (chopped (white part included for a stronger flavor))
- 1/2 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 cup parsley (chopped)
- Juice from 2 lemons (about 4 tbsp)
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 -1/2 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or more to taste)
- 2 tsp maple syrup