My everyday glowing green smoothie! This recipe is fresh, healthy, easy to make and tastes like the topics. With fresh spinach, mango and chia seeds, this will be your new go-to recipe.
When I call this my every day green smoothie, I’m not kidding! I really have this, or some variation of it, every day. It’s refreshing easy to make, totally customizable and filled with good for you ingredients.
I love smoothies first thing in the morning, especially in the summer, but they’re perfect any time of day. You can cut this recipe in half and have it for a snack, or bulk it up with more nut butter and protein and call it a meal!
Not all recipes are created equal, but this is one I keep coming back to. It’s made with real, whole foods and the perfect way to boost your nutrient intake.
I promise if you close your eyes and take a sip, you’ll have no idea this is packed with leafy greens. It’s like a salad in a cup, only way better tasting
- Banana: I love using banana as the base of smoothies because it’s both creamy and sweet, two components that are key in any good green smoothie. Use fresh or frozen, whatever you have!
- Mango or Pineapple: I suggest both! But if you only have one that’s totally fine. The combination of pineapple, mango or banana tastes like tropical heaven and masks the flavor of the greens really well.
- Non-Dairy Milk: Any liquid will work such as water or coconut water, but almond milk is always my go-to!
- Nut Butter: I love almond butter, walnut butter, peanut butter, or my homemade pumpkin seed butter for a nut free option.
- Chia Seeds: I love using a tablespoon of chia, flax or hemp seeds in my smoothies for a little nutrient boost. Chia and flax can sometimes thicken smoothies if you let them sit out for too long, so if you want to avoid that, go with hemp!
- Leafy Greens: The star of any green smoothie. I love spinach or romaine in green smoothies because they have a mild flavor, but kale is always welcome too. If you really want to make this a skin loving drink, try adding some of all three!
- Protein Powder: Totally optional, but it makes this recipe much more filling. I love a vanilla plant-based protein powder, but anything goes.
How to make this recipe
Add all ingredients to a high speed blender.
Process until completely smooth, adding more liquid as needed depending on your blender.
Taste and adjust flavors as desired, then pour into glasses & enjoy!
Note: If you don’t have a high speed blender, I suggest blending up your greens and liquid first, before adding anything else, to ensure you don’t get any leafy green bits as you sip on your smoothie!
Should I use fresh or frozen fruit?
Either! I usually fresh bananas and then frozen with everything else, but if you have all frozen, totally fine to use that. You will just need to add slightly extra milk or water to help it blend. If you’re using all fresh, throw in a handful of ice just to keep the smoothie nice and cold.
The best greens to use
I sometimes inadvertently make my smoothies taste quite bitter because of all the greens I throw in, but if you follow this recipe, you won’t have that problem!
If you’re new to green smoothies, spinach or romaine is a safe place to start because you can add a lot without really tasting anything. Kale, on the other hand, has a limit. To much and you will definitely regret it! This smoothie is also great with chopped cucumber for a hydrating boost if you have that as well. Don’t be afraid to customize it based on what you have!
Does it keep well?
Unfortunately, green smoothies are best when served fresh. What you can do, however, is prep all of your ingredients ahead of time. Just throw everything aside from the milk into a freezer safe bag, then pop the contents into the blend, add your liquid and blend away.
If you do want to prep the full thing ahead of time, just store it in the fridge and give it a good shake or re-blend quickly before serving since the ingredients can separate slightly.
You’ll also love..
Healthy Green Smoothie
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender.
- Process until completely smooth, adding more liquid as needed depending on your blender.
- Taste and adjust flavors as desired.
- Pour into glasses & enjoy!