This golden milk turmeric latte is like sunshine in a cup. It’s dairy free, SO easy to make, luscious and creamy and it’s caffeine free so it’s the perfect pick me up for any time of day. Plus, it can be enjoyed both hot and cold!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you buy any products through those links. I only link to products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for making Eat With Clarity possible!
I’ll confess, I’ve never been the biggest fan of coffee. Whenever I go “out for coffee,” I’m really always getting tea or even hot chocolate instead!
I love this golden milk turmeric latte because it’s a cozy and comforting drink to have in the morning but doesn’t give you a crash later in the day because it’s completely caffeine free.
I should note that this is technically not a latte because there is no espresso involved. However, I like to call it a latte because I drink it in place of coffee or other caffeinated beverages.
Whatever you call it, it’s incredibly easy to make and can be served either hot, or over ice. In addition to turmeric, this drink has cinnamon and ginger to give it all the cozy vibes. Let’s make it, shall we?!
- Canned Coconut Milk: One of the key ingredients in this recipe! Canned coconut milk ensures this latte is super creamy, can froth well, and is also packed with tons of healthy fats. You can use light or full fat coconut milk, but full fat will yield the creamiest result.
- Regular Non-Dairy Milk: Just to balance out the fatty coconut milk. Any milk will work, I personally like vanilla almond milk, but you can also use my homemade walnut milk.
- Collagen: This is optional, but adds lots of protein to this recipe. My personal favorite is marine collagen.
- Honey or Maple Syrup: Just enough to help sweeten it up. You can also use liquid stevia drops for a keto and paleo option.
- Turmeric: We’ll be using ground turmeric in this recipe plus a pinch of black pepper to help your body absorb all of the goodness.
- Cinnamon: As much or as little as you like!
- Ginger: Just a pinch to give this recipe lots of warming flavor.
- Vanilla: If using vanilla milk, you can omit this, but a little extra vanilla is delicious.
How to make this recipe
Add all ingredients to a pot and heat over low/medium heat.
Heat until warm and steamy. I like it pretty hot, but taste and turn the heat off once it has reached your desired temperature.
Use an immersion blender or milk frother, transfer to a regular blender, or whisk incredibly well to ensure all of the spices are well combined. My personal preference is to use an immersion blender or regular blender because this makes it incredibly frothy and creamy, but you can simply whisk everything together if you prefer.
Blend or whisk until smooth and creamy. Transfer to mugs and enjoy!
Turmeric seems to be all the rage these days. I began adding it into my diet for its supposed skin benefits, and this latte is one of my favorite ways to drink it!
When I need something more refreshing, I always reach for my golden milk smoothie. They’re both delicious ways to add turmeric into your diet. I love to sip on this latte at night to help me wind down, but it’s perfect any time of day.
Does it keep?
Once prepared, this golden milk latte will store in the fridge for about 3 days. However, the spices and collagen may fall to the bottom of your cup, so either give it a good shake or pop it back in the blender before enjoying.
Make it iced!
To make this an iced turmeric latte, simply whisk all ingredients together or blend them in a blender and then pour over a glass of ice.
Tips & tricks
Turmeric can have a strong, even unpleasant, flavor to some. If you’re new to turmeric, start with just 1 tsp and increase to your desired taste. The more you add, the darker and brighter the color, but also the stronger the flavor. If you feel like you’ve added too much, you can always add more sweetener to balance it out.
I know it seems odd to add black pepper to this recipe, but it just works to boost the absorption of the turmeric, so don’t leave it out! It’s just a pinch, you won’t even notice it’s there.
This turmeric latte can easily be made vegan by leaving out the collagen. You can add in 1-2 tbsp of hemp hearts and then blend it for some added protein!
Try these next!
If you want more recipes straight to your inbox, be sure to subscribe to my email list! As always, be sure to tag me on instagram so I can see your creation. Leave a comment and rating below if you try this recipe!
Creamy Golden Milk Turmeric Latte
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups regular non dairy milk (or homemade walnut milk)
- 1 ½ tsp ground turmeric (start with 1 if you’re not a huge turmeric fan!)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2-3 tbsp maple syrup or honey (can sub for liquid stevia drops)
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 scoop collagen peptides (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a pot and heat over low/medium heat.
- Heat until warm and steamy then mix really well again to get it nice and frothy. Taste and adjust flavors/sweetness as desired.
- Transfer to mugs and enjoy! The spices sometimes settle at the bottom of the mugs if you drink slowly, so feel free to strain it through a fine mesh strainer to avoid that!