Loaded with good for you ingredients, this Mexican bean salad is an easy gluten free and vegan side dish for your next party! It is ready in just 10 minutes and full of flavor.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you buy any products through those links. I only link to products I absolutely love and use myself. Thank you for making Eat With Clarity possible!
You can probably tell by now but I’m a sucker for a good easy bean salad. Chickpea tuna salad, chickpea avocado salad, mediterranean chickpea salad?! I think I have all the chickpea bases covered, so I wanted to mix it up this time around.
This is a crowd pleasing, vegetarian, dairy free, gluten free, Mexican bean salad that you can whip up in just about 10 minutes! Sign me up.
This Mexican bean salad is just begging to be served at your next pot luck, Summer barbecue, or beach trip. It’s perfect next to a Chickpea Burger with one of my blueberry pie bars for dessert. Ugh, yum.
What are the ingredients?
This Mexican bean salad is Mexican inspired as the name suggests, so we’re going to be using certain beans, veggies and spices to give lots of flavor.
This recipe calls for canned beans which makes life easier. I used black beans, kidney beans and cannellini beans, but you can really use whatever you have on hand.
The remaining ingredients consist of grape or cherry tomatoes, bell pepper, corn, red onion, cilantro, avocado and a simple dressing made from olive oil, hot sauce and a few different spices. It’s so simple but packs SO much flavor.
How to make this recipe
The best part about this recipe is definitely how good it tastes, but also because of how easy it is to make! The first step is to drain and rinse all of the beans until the water runs clear and then add to a large bowl.
Chop the onion, bell peppers, tomatoes, and defrost the corn if necessary and add to the bowl.
Whisk all of the sauce ingredients together and pour on top of the salad, then toss to combine.
Top with the avocado and cilantro and let marinate for about 15 minutes to allow all of the flavors to blend together.
A few final thoughts
- Once prepared, this three bean salad will keep in the fridge for about 5 days. You’ll know it’s bad because it will really start to smell. Unfortunately, beans do that!
- The amount of hot sauce you use will depend on a) the brand you use, and b) your spice preference. I’m a self proclaimed spice wuss, so I don’t like too much, but don’t be afraid to load it in there!
- I used canned beans, which are already cooked, but you can also use fresh beans that you cook yourself. Just sub each can for about 1.5 cups of cooked beans.
- Be sure to rinse the beans well before adding them to the salad. You can add all three cans to a strainer and rinse until the water runs clear.
- This three bean salad is best served cold, but you can also heat it up and add it to a burrito or tacos if you’d like! It’s honestly delicious no matter how you have it.
Try these next!
- Quick and easy quinoa tabbouleh salad
- Vegan Thai quinoa salad
- Vegan kale caesar salad
- Homemade Pico de Gallo
If you make this Mexican bean salad, leave a comment below and let us know how it turns out! As always, be sure to follow me on instagram for more recipes!
Mexican Three Bean Salad
- 1 can kidney beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1 red or green bell pepper
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup corn
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Drain and rinse all of the beans until the water runs clear.
- Add to a large bowl.
- Chop the onion, bell peppers, tomatoes, and defrost the corn if necessary and add to the bowl.
- Whisk all of the sauce ingredients together and pour on top of the salad.
- Top with the avocado and cilantro and enjoy!