Sweet and creamy, this Golden Milk Smoothie is a delicious anti-inflammatory snack or breakfast to support a clear and glowing complexion!
I’m a huge smoothie gal. Especially as the weather warms up, but even in the winter because that’s just the way I am! While I love a good green smoothie and rarely make smoothies without greens, this golden milk smoothie is one of my exceptions. It’s packed with skin loving properties and will be sure to give you a gorgeous glow!
Health benefits of turmeric
Turmeric is a spice that contains compounds that have incredibly powerful medicinal properties. One of these compounds is curcumin which is the active component of turmeric. It is an antioxidant that has powerful anti-inflammatory effects. While inflammation is an incredibly important response, too much inflammation can lead to a host of symptoms and conditions, including acne! It is now believed that low level chronic inflammation plays a role in nearly every Western disease. From heart disease, to cancer, and even Alzheimer’s.
I aim to consume around 1/2 tsp ground turmeric per day. When I first started incorporating this into my diet, I noticed a major difference in my skin. You can also apply it directly to your skin by mixing it with honey, coconut yogurt, or a splash of filtered water to make a paste. But be warned, it stains very easily! So, you can just stick to this golden milk smoothie and play it safe! Either way, the benefits of this powerful spice are truly amazing.
A few final thoughts on this golden milk smoothie
- Make sure you add a pinch of black pepper to help your body process the curcumin. You won’t taste it, I promise!
- If you want to sneak some veggies in the mix, i recommend cauliflower! It sounds weird, I know, but it actually helps make it creamy. You can use fresh or frozen, just be sure to adjust the liquid accordingly.
- I often like to add some plant based protein powder or almond butter for healthy fats and protein. However, this smoothie is perfectly nutritious and delicious on its own.
- This smoothie is also delicious with some of my favorite banana bread granola on top.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag me on instagram so I can see your creation!Print
This creamy golden milk smoothie recipe is the ultimate skin loving drink!
- 1 banana (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup frozen mango
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 small thumb ginger
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- dash black pepper
- optional: 1 date for extra sweetness
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!
If using frozen banana, add an additional 1/4 cup coconut milk to thin.
Keywords: golden milk smoothie, turmeric smoothie, easy turmeric recipes