Sweet and creamy, this Golden Milk turmeric Smoothie is a delicious snack or breakfast! It’s completely dairy free, made with simple ingredients, and makes for the perfect afternoon pick me up!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you buy any products through those links. I only link to products I absolutely love and use myself! Thank you for making Eat With Clarity possible!
While I love a good green smoothie and rarely make smoothies without greens, this turmeric smoothie is one of my exceptions. This recipe is perfectly sweet and has a tropical vibe that will make you wish you were on a white sand beach somewhere warm.
This smoothie has a base of mango and banana plus spices like cinnamon, ginger and turmeric for the golden milk flavor and warming vibes. It’s perfect as breakfast, a quick snack, or a post workout drink to re-fuel.
It’s delicious exactly as written, but you can spruce it up with some nut butter or protein powder for a little boost.
How to make this recipe
Smoothies are the best because all you need to do is throw all ingredients into a jar, blend it up and enjoy!
You can use fresh or frozen fruit for this recipe, but if you’re using frozen you will want to add more liquid to help it blend. If you’re using all fresh, I suggest adding a handful of ice to keep it nice and cold.
Generally, I don’t recommend adding too much turmeric to your smoothie. For this recipe, I would stick with under 1 tsp if you’re new to turmeric since it does have a strongish taste.
The recipe calls for 1/2 tsp of ground turmeric, but you are free to add more or less depending on your preferences.
Best Flavor Pairings
I LOVE mango and bananas with this recipe. It keeps the color nice and bright and masks any turmeric flavor really well. If you find the smoothie isn’t sweet enough for you, you can add in 1-2 pitted dates or a splash of honey.
This smoothie also has coconut milk, ginger, cinnamon, and just a dash of black pepper to help absorb the turmeric. Turmeric, ginger and cinnamon are three flavors that pair really well together that I also love to use in my golden milk latte.
Can I make it ahead of time?
This turmeric smoothie is best served fresh, but will keep in the fridge for 24 hours. You will probably want to blend it up quickly before serving because the ingredients can separate, or just store it in a jar and give it a good shake.
Tips & tricks
- If you want to sneak some veggies in the mix, I recommend cauliflower! It sounds weird, I know, but it actually helps make it creamy. You can use fresh or frozen, just be sure to adjust the amount of liquid accordingly.
- I often like to add some protein powder or almond butter for a little protein boost. However, this smoothie is perfectly delicious on its own.
- To give this smoothie even more of a tropical vibe, use orange juice in place of (or in addition to) the coconut milk or add a handful of fresh of frozen pineapple.
- You can use any type of non-dairy milk for this recipe, I like using coconut milk because it pairs well with the banana and mango. You can also use canned coconut milk for a rich and creamy flavor.
Try these next!
- Avocado Blueberry Smoothie
- Creamy Avocado Mango Smoothie
- Sweet Potato Smoothie
- Raspberry Mango Smoothie
Creamy Turmeric Golden Milk Smoothie
- Add all ingredients to a high speed blender and process until smooth.
- Taste and adjust flavors as desired. If it's too thick, add more milk, if it's not thick enough, add an extra handful of frozen fruit.
- Pour into glasses and enjoy!